Dual-UV protection Superior mildew blocker Resists cracking, peeling, scuffing and scratching Wears gracefully over the years
Click the cans to try them out!
Visit the Cabot Gold Color Page for more information
FIX THE FLAWS FIRST
1. Remove existing finish with Cabot® Wood Stripper. If you can't get down to bare wood, don't use Cabot Gold. Choose a semi-solid or solid color instead.
2. Clean bare wood of dirt, mildew and other contaminants that will keep Cabot Gold from penetrating properly and sealing beautifully. Cabot Wood Cleaner and Wood Brightener products were made specifically for this purpose. Follow package recommendations for use.
3. Sand lightly with 220-grit sandpaper. Use a light touch, just to smooth out minor imperfections and open wood's pores. Remove sawdust before proceeding.
APPLY TWO COATS
1. Use a high-quality stain brush. Sprays and applicator pads are not recommended.
2. Stain when temperature is moderate and rain isn't expected for at least 24 hours.
3. Apply a uniform coat to 2-3 boards at a time. Work end to end, maintaining a wet edge to avoid lap marks. Don't overapply; Cabot Gold should never form a pool or puddle.
4. Let the first coat dry at least 24 hours (but no more than 7 days). Don't be alarmed if the color is uneven now; the second coat will add richness, color and a perfect finish.
5. For outstanding results, consider lightly sanding again before brushing on the second coat. (Remember to remove sawdust first.) You won't be disappointed!
6. Let dry 3 days before replacing deck furniture, 7 days before heavy use.
LOVE IT A LONG TIME
1. Applied properly, Cabot Gold will wear gracefully like stain without peeling.
2. Wash as needed with mild soap and water to remove dirt and grime.
3. Reapply a single coat when the sheen begins to dull.